The MFC-W Collar is a watertight, factory-manufactured, intumescent device for use as a penetration seal in fire-rated bulkheads and decks. It is comprised of a stainless steel body with a mild steel flange for easy weld attachment to the division, and incorporates a rubber grommet which fits snugly around the pipe to ensure watertightness. MFC-W Collars are lined with a molded, intumescent insert which rapidly expands to more than 60 times its original volume, containing fire to the point of origin and restricting the passage of smoke and hot gases.
- Heavy gauge, chromium rich 316 stainless steel construction.
- Provides watertightness up to 6 bar and gastightness up to 1 bar.
- Solid design requires pipe to be inserted through the watertight grommet.
- Flexible intumescent liner accommodates vibration and will not damage pipe.
- Resistant to aging and weathering.
Tested to 2010 IMO FTP, Annex 1, Part 3
- Class A-0 to A-60
- Class H-0 to H120 Bulkheads and Decks
*Consult Technical Services for Most Current Testing & Approvals